December 2016 Newsletter
Our Shed, early December
The package has arrived and ready to assemble by Fair Dinkum Sheds. (3 workers!)
The frame and cladding are up, Dec 26
- Tony Goninan has planted vines and shrubs around the shed boundary. Some help is needed to keep these watered during dry times.
- Unfortunately we have been forced to renew the rented shed lease until May next year, but there will be no panic with moving the gear quickly.
On December 8th the AGM was held at the CEX club. 23 of our 82 financial members attended and our Secretary has forwarded the Minutes to our 63 email members. For the benefit of others, the main office bearers are as shown below.
PRESIDENT Alan Larkin
TREASURER John Gregory
SECRETARY Tom Skinner
Retiring Office Bearers
Bunnings BBQ this Saturday. Extra volunteers always welcome !
This was well attended with about 50 members and partners. It was easy to pick the experienced bowlers and we thank the CEX for providing a staff mentor (or damage control officer). Great to see Don Black’s new wife enjoying the evening. John Bambey provided dinner music from some type of Boom Box , but most people stayed around to enjoy excellent food.
- Bruce Parker for levelling the apron surrounding the new shed for gratis
- ADD A ROOM for providing transport for our donated roller doors
- Nan and Les Cowling for a further substantial personal donation.
The rocking horse managed to earn us over $5000 and was won on AGM night by Jim Kane. A special presentation was made soon after.