February 2015 Newsletter
- You should have received separately a reminder re: the 5 Year Shed Raffle. All members will be asked to sell at least 1 book of 10 tickets. Lets make this a successful fund raiser towards the new building. Thanks for your office help Stuart. If your reminder didn’t arrive today, or you can’t download it, reply to this email and I will fix the problem.
- Bike assembly has moved inhouse, for the meantime at least.
- All shed attendees will now see the procedures and the workers will not be remote from the shed. Robert is still seeking volunteers to train for this work. It is a great earner and helps pay our monthly rent.
- Tony has been invited to 4 senior clubs lately to spread the word about our shed plans at their meetings. Hopefully some benefits will flow our way.
- I checked out the hardwood bench/stool put together by Gary Smith this morning as a commission job. Brilliant. Worth a look.
- Seems the chances of selling the Telstra cord/rope are slim. Latest idea is to advertise it on Gumtree as a freebie in box lots with a subtle hint for a return donation added. Should appeal to Scout and Guide groups. Its removal should free up storage racks made by Bill Tindal for project bits.
- The Art Deco side table restored by David Churchyard and others was recently sold for $100. Neat spray job , but you can’t account for people’s taste with those legs !
- Noticed the painting boys putting the finishing touches on a traditional rocking horse. Again great work done as with the assembly of the DJ desk for the Uni. Bit of American expertise from Wayne Crivellone.
- The new ute now sports ladder racks and more refined standard wheels and tyres. Free signwriting is planned on the doors thanks to Wal from SIGNARAMA in Orlando St.
The shed committee appeals again to all workers to clean up their work area before leaving , including your power tools eg. Bandsaw, thicknesser. The Northern side bench is one of the problem areas .
Don’t forget the GENERAL TOOLBOX MEETING at 12 noon on Thursday Feb 19th. Plan is to streamline some constitution matters. Bring your lunch along and meet the regular Thursday mob.
Is it your cleaning week ? Mark the sheet when finished.