- The grey rocking horse which has been beautifully restored by Tony and Glenn, is to be raffled to raise funds for the shed. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. If the previously raffled horse is any indication, the shed will benefit by a substantial amount. All members are requested to sell tickets which are available from the office.
- On Sunday 19th May we conducted a BBQ at IGA Boambee East. The BBQ was part of a community event organised by the management of IGA. The Men’s Shed made a reasonable profit and also about $70 worth of Rocking Horse raffle tickets were sold. A big thankyou to the volunteers who made it all possible – Keith, Terry, Tom, Warren, Doug, Neville and Peter.
- 2019/2020 Membership Fees of $55 are due on 1st July 2019. Notice to all members will be sent shortly.
- Our regular garage sale was held on 1st June and returned a nice profit to the shed. Thanks to all the members who participated in particular Doug Tysoe and his “sales team”. This event is becoming a great social get together and members are encouraged to attend on the first Saturday of each month and sample the great breakfast cooked by David (Cuddles) Churchyard.
- The following members have recently completed First Aid Training and have attained a certificate in CPR resuscitation including AED, Basic Emergency Life Support and First Aid: John Gregory, Tom Skinner, Ken Ryan, Warren Sanger and Doug Tysoe.
Our membership currently stands at 184
The new financial year begins July 1st, so Membership Renewal will soon be due. Letters and emails will be sent to current members with instructions on renewing their membership. Cost for the 2019 - 2020 year is $55.00
Slim Dusty Museum visit.
If you are interested in touring the Slim Dusty Museum in Kempsey, Ken Howe and Warren Sanger are arranging seats on a bus for a one day social outing in late June. The cost is capped at $30 which should include all costs except alcohol. Contact either Ken or Warren now, or sign up at the shed. Seats are limited.
The Coffs Harbour Pacific City Lioness Club has generously donated $500 towards our Shed. Ken Ryan (President) was invited to lunch with the ladies, where he received the cheque for $500. We are very gratefull.
The 8th National Men's Shed Gathering is on 10th to 12th September 2019
Join us for the
8th National Men's Shed Gathering
Morphettville Racecourse (SA)
10-12 September 2019
It's good to see the storage areas on the Mezzanine level are now being used
The grey rocking horse (Gunsynd) is being raffled so get get your tickets at the shed. $2 each, or 3 for $5.
Ritchies Boambee Fun Day
Locals visited the Boambee IGA store on May 19th to enjoy a family fun day, organised by the Boambee Store.
Shedders ran a barbeque and raised $350 towards the shed coffers.
The weather was fantastic, and locals were treated to a jumping castle, petting zoo, characters from the Muppets and Peppa Pig, face painting and some stalls.
Ritchies Boambee Fun Day
Restoring a Rocking Horse
Garage sale June 1st 2019
Spinning Wheel for sale
Brian Franklin recently installed a Panic Button in the larger toilet. Soap dispensers are also being installed in each toilet, and near the wash basin at the rear of the shed.
Compressed air lines are being installed along both sides of the shed, distributing air to work areas for tools and cleaning. The compressors (2) will be situated outside in a permanent housing to reduce noise whilst operating.
Glenn has made some drawers for thr XYZ Router table to house the necessary tools for the routers operation, Good one Glen, nice job.
Ken is always tinkering with the electricals to maximise the power to all equipment.
Around the shed
Carbatec Demo Day
Wed June 12th saw a 3 hour demo of equipment and supplies from Carbatec.
The session was well attended. Many thanks to the boys from Carbatec.
The Coffs Harbour Collectors Club will be hosting a Fun Trivia Night
On Saturday July 6th
6.30 for 7.00 pm
At Coffs Rugby Leagues Club in Stadium Drive
Tables of six: $15.00 per person
(Under 16 yrs: $10 per person)
Dinner can be purchased from the Bistro
Drinks from the Bar
To Book a Table or book seats
Phone: Terrie on 0412 106 243
Ingrid 0409 860 637
We have a rare opportunity In Coffs Harbour where by I am able to visit the Shed when required, to provide AEG product demonstrations and information sessions. Two years ago, Robert and David asked me if we could support the Men’s Shed when I was demonstrating AEG power tools at Bunnings Coffs Harbour. This was worked on and with the help of Techtronic Industries & Bunnings, your Shed now has many tools from the AEG, Hart and Empire ranges. Your Shed also has me as I am a local and can attend as mentioned to provide updates and product knowledge. If you require anything else please let me know.
NSW Trade Area Manager
Techtronic Industries Australia
Mobile - 0499 113 010
Customer Service - 1300 361 505
Email - email@example.com
Supporters of the Coffs Harbour Men's Shed
The Coffs Harbour Community Men's Shed wishes to thank all our supporters, both large and small,
for their ongoing support and generous donations of time and money.