November 2014 Newsletter
- A great result from, the Bunnings Saturday sausage stall. The Shed raised $2400 nett with participation from many members. Robert’s roster system seemed to work well with no one working extended hours unless they chose to do so.
- On Nov. 22, we plan to do another Bunnings gig on behalf of Rotary with all proceeds going to our building fund. The new roster will be on the information board at the shed this week. Please check, especially if you have had a slack time up til now. Times will be 7.30 til 4.00 pm. Some Rotary labour is expected.
- Welcome back Tony with a big backlog of spraying. His dream is to have free time for a yarn without project deadlines and a clear conscience when doing a “foreign order”.
- C.E.X. Car Club are having an Expo on Jan 16 and 17. It is an opportunity to display (and sell ?) our work and give positive exposure to the Shed activities. A new raffle prize is being considered.
- 8 picket fence panels were being finished today for Coffs Central Christmas display. Peter M and others worked long and hard on the production line.
- We have some used and vintage fishing reels for sale (donations) . See Fred Pearson for details..
- 4.5 tons of timber should be arriving in town today to be housed in our new storage shed.
Management Nominations Due
Nominations for the new Management committee must be received by 26/11/14.A new form is available from Robert.
Don Black continues to improve healthwise. Rumour has it that he is mounting an exercise bike. Louis is apparently fairly incapacitated with eye problems. Best wishes to all wounded workers.
Christmas Party Update
Xmas Party at 4PM at the Fishos on Dec 3rd following the 2PM rerun of the AGM also at the Fishos.