November 2017 Newsletter
- Welcome to 15 new members this month. It seems the new shed has attracted many new faces with varying work backgrounds. Our new facility is the envy of most other Sheds on the North Coast, and we now have 130 active members for the first time.
- Don’t forget the Xmas party on December 12th (partners welcome ) and A.G.M. on December 13th.
- The “chairlift” to the mezzanine floor is now up and operating. Please don’t pocket the remote control on departure.
- The engineering shop is now enclosed by the new wall shown above. Jacko has reservations about the summer ventilation within, but enjoys the privacy. For sleeping ?Ken Ryan with help has arranged power droppers and dust extraction to the row of stand alone machines in the NW area of the shed. It’s great to have qualified electricians in our membership.
- There are now dedicated tables for sanding, glueing and painting. It would be appreciated if you would remove projects to clear these surfaces as soon as practicable.
This photo and others are available on our facebook page.
- A reminder that the Triton spindle moulder has 2 height adjustment devices. Make sure that you understand the function of each to avoid maintenance problems. Any of the regular users are happy to explain correct usage.
- Also , be sure to have the dust extractor operating during use. Background noise sometimes masks its non operation ( I am a recent culprit).
- The Sat. morning open house/ garage sales haven’t attracted huge crowds yet. Any publicity and ideas would be appreciated.
A very worthwhile project.