- On the 26th September, the shed held a BBQ which was also organised to form part of the Men’s Shed Week events.
- There was another very successful garage sale held on Saturday 5th October where about $1,300 was taken. Our monthly garage sales are becoming increasingly popular with the community and very worthwhile fundraising events for the shed. Congratulations to the shed members who make it such a success.
- At the October Management Committee meeting the AGM date was set as December 11th followed the next day by the shed Christmas Party. Details of both events will be sent to members in November.
- Thanks to Mick Maley, the storage racks are completed and in place at the rear of the shed. These storage racks have been designed to take pallets plus store long lengths of timber and metal.
- The shed hosted a group of ladies from the Coffs Harbour Pacific City Lioness Club for a morning tea get together. Once again, these ladies thoroughly enjoyed their visit to the shed. The visit was arranged to coincide with National Men’s Shed Week.
- It is now time to ramp up the sale of raffle tickets for the magnificent rocking horse. We would request all members take a book of tickets to sell and help.
- Southern Cross University is conducting a “Movember” golf day on 17th November to promote men’s health and the men’s shed has been asked to help with the provision of prizes. We have decided to donate a couple of nice cutting boards which have been manufactured at the shed.
- A group of members had an outing to the Eungai Buffalo Farm on 19th September. A very enjoyable and interesting experience – well worth a visit.
Shed Manager's Report
- All going well at the shed, a few new members have joined this month.
- Toolbox meetings will be held the week after the committee meeting informing members of what's happening at the shed.
- We have had a couple of incidents on the tools, please be aware of people around you at all times and be advised that all machines have an exclusion zone around them, it is in the planning to have the floor marked as soon as we can get it painted, until then stay at least 900mm away from the extent of the machine, don't talk to someone using a machine, catch their eye and wait till they acknowledge you before interrupting. The managers are there to assist if you are not 100% sure you are using the right tool for the job please ask for assistance.
- Bellingen Men's Shed had an accident a few weeks ago with a 74 yr old man losing 2 fingers on a saw. We have not had this at our shed and we want to keep it that way, please be careful.
- We are in the process of reviewing the induction process to try and reduce the chance of incidents on the tools. we will keep you informed as to the progress.
clearing auction sale
Please see attached item list and information about a clearing auction sale that we are conducting on 26/10/19, we thought your members might be interested in some of the items and would enjoy a day out in Dorrigo. If you could forward this email and or print and put a copy on your notice board it would be greatly appreciated.
Woodworking, Shed Equipment & Household Clearance Sale
Woodworking Items & Equipment:
• Makita 1800W 5007MGK 185mm circular saw
• Workzone Titanium+ 24V Lithium hammer drill
• Durden Pacemaker saw bench
• Carba-Tec band saw
• Ryobi EMS2025SCL sliding compound saw
• Makita 850W belt sander
• Makita 1430W LS1017L 260mm circular cut-off saw
• DeWalt D51823 air compressor nail gun
• Carba-Tec FM300 220-240V dust collector
• Carba-Tec benchtop chisel mortizer
• Toolex Industrial 5-speed heavy duty drill press & buffer
• Durden bench + DeWalt DW788/XE 20inch 508mm scroll saw
• Abbott & Ashby 150mm industrial bench grinder
• Toolex Industrial 10'' table saw 254mm
• Dupli-Carver T-110
• Carba-Tec belt sander
• Regent dustmaster 1100 (reverse vacuum)
• Makita 3612 1850W router
• Makita 2100 band saw
• Makita groove cutter
• Metabo FSR200 240W Intec sander
• Carba-Tec bench wood vice
• Davey overhead hand sander
General Shed Equipment:
• Projector Cyclon heavy duty air compressor
• Magna Aluminium folding hand trolley
• Karcher K4.650 pressure washer
• Various hand saws
• “Tradeair” Spear & Jackson air compressor
• 30L wet/dry “Vacmaster” vacuum cleaner
• Large industrial standing “Kool” fan
• Ozito chainsaw chain sharpener
• Stihl M5251C chainsaw
• Stihl M5170 chainsaw
• Stihl H545 brush cutter
• SuperWorks Orbital car polisher, 120W motor
• Ryobi extendable pole chainsaw
• 12V Arlec battery charger
• McCulloch post hole auger
• Hansa wood chipper, towable
• Greenfield 3ft push-along slasher
• Husquvana LTH1742T ride-on mower
• Husquavana TS352 ride-on mower
• Metal detector (unbranded)
• Davey overhead sander
• G-Clamps – various sizes
• Drill bits – various sizes
• Electric Quickstop chainsaw
• AMP ARC Welder, 4 stationary coils, welding helmet & gloves.
• 3x cat carrying cages
• Assorted garden tools
• Motorised garden edger
• Stihl hard blade whipper snipper (as new)
• Assortment of hand pruners
• 100ft hose
• Parklander electric log splitter
• DeWalt Stand
• Feroza Daihatsu Car, manual, petrol, 1995 year model, 187,474km, new clutch, good tyres & always serviced by local business Nobles Repairs
• Antique coffee table
• Outdoor table with 3 chairs & bench seat
• Wooden coffee table
• Tallowood burl table
• Tasmanian Blackwood dresser
• 4 drawer dresser
• Green lounge set
• Sanwinn S25 pushbike (white)
• Variety of old cameras
• Canis Latrans binoculas on stand
• A variety of other chisels, spanners, hand saws, and much more…
Coffs Harbour Vintage & Veteran Car Club photos
On the 10th October the shed was visited by the Coffs Harbour Vintage & Veteran Car Club.
Supporters of the Coffs Harbour Men's Shed
The Coffs Harbour Community Men's Shed wishes to thank all our supporters, both large and small, for their ongoing support and generous donations of time and money.